• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

F/W 2019.20 Campaign Wishlist & Model Casting Discussion, Guesses and Reactions

Ariana Grande is such an odd choice for Clare Waight Keller and Givenchy (not to mention if it was photographed by Steven Meisel). Nevertheless, I'm keen to see the outcome tomorrow.

Why would a high end brand like Givenchy be interested in Ariana Grande? Clothes don’t look good on her at all.

Also, even if it’s her it doesn’t necessarily have to be the campaign... it just says “new face of Givenchy”. Could be a fragrance...

^You're absolutely right @[B]anlabe32[/B], and I thought the same thing about a new Givenchy fragrance but Clare Waight Keller used the hashtags #campaign and #winter19 on her IG! #ugh

What an odd paring. Givenchy is the last brand i'd associate with Ariana. Could it be Lily Collins?

Maybe they're going to collaborate on a collection consisting exclusively of oversized tops and thigh high boots lol. That's all Ariana ever seems to wear.

Such an odd choice for this brand, I can't wrap my head around it.

Ahahaha! Grande for Givenchy! Hilarious...
I wonder how Riccardo’s haters feels now. Sorry but this is tackier than Kendall Jenner fronting a campaign.

Terrible

Ariana has the Givenchy face but she is NOT a Givenchy woman! Her personal and professional style will HUGELY affect the elegance of the brand and not in a positive way.

Lmao it seems like they are playing catch up with the celebrity marketing/Tween icon game. Too bad all the good ones were taken up. And now they thought they'll hit hard with the most popular/hot choice but it just seems desperate.

And to announce it in such fashion. Most celebrities just ease into as face of a brand - a few appearances, front row, and then a campaign. To announce it like this seems very Pantene or VS Angel - not a French Haute Couture House.

What a random pairing but I'm curious to see the outcome

Lmao it seems like they are playing catch up with the celebrity marketing/Tween icon game. Too bad all the good ones were taken up. And now they thought they'll hit hard with the most popular/hot choice but it just seems desperate.

And to announce it in such fashion. Most celebrities just ease into as face of a brand - a few appearances, front row, and then a campaign. To announce it like this seems very Pantene or VS Angel - not a French Haute Couture House.

exactly my thought! The way they did the announcement goes to show how cheap this choice is. I don't see how Ariana will increase Givenchy popularity, do they think that 15 year-old fans will buy Givenchy now that she's the face of the house? I mean that could work only for a fragrance.
I also don't really see the link between the Givenchy woman Clare has been imagining and Ariana: I mean all these young girls who are the face of a fashion house make sense (Zoe x Saint Laurent, Zendaya x Tommy Hilfiger, Elle Fanning x Miu Miu, Kristen Stewart x Chanel, Selena x Coach) but Ariana.. I'd see her only for some American labels maybe, surely not Givenchy. I wonder why they didn't choose Gal Gadot or Lily Collins who have been seen wearing Givenchy many times and would be a good compromise between the Givenchy woman and the bigger market appeal unlike Ariana..

Hailey Baldwin for Miu Miu :doh:
She did shoot something with Katie Grand a couple of days ago, but the Miu Miu campaign was shot a long while ago. It looked more for LOVE magazine than a Miu Miu campaign. But let's see.

She did shoot something with Katie Grand a couple of days ago, but the Miu Miu campaign was shot a long while ago. It looked more for LOVE magazine than a Miu Miu campaign. But let's see.

I see. As long as it’s not Prada....

Jonathan Anderson confirmed via Instagram he’s shooting with Steven Meisel for Loewe S/S 2020

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jk1988
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->